Like this, but probably a different color.
For many folks as much or more material gets recycled rather than thrown away. City council has unanimously voted to move to 95 gallon recycling roll carts, just like the garbage cans you already use. By July 25% of the city will be using the rollout carts. Then 25% more of the city will be added each year after. These carts have many advantages, one of the first that comes to mind is the ability to recycle entire collections of books, magazine, newspapers and other print media as the internet causes their use to collapse.
1,000 test customers will be the first to receive service starting in may. Their routes are NW22, NE27, SW22 and SE24. See if your route is included here.
Summary from the city:
- Raleigh Recycling will begin phasing in biweekly roll cart recycling beginning July 1
- Four test areas of 1,000 households will start around May 1
- 95 gallon size roll cart will be used
- Carts will be blue with graphics of the items accepted embedded in the lids
- For residents wishing a smaller size a 65 gallon cart will be available (post card will be sent prior to delivery with # to call)
- For a very limited number of townhome/condo communities green bins MAY still be used. This will be decided on a case by case basis and will be community wide based on the truck servicing the area.
- Once carts are delivered, recyclables will not be collected if they are set out in green bins.
- Residents will be allowed to keep their green bins if they wish to store their recyclables indoors and transport them out to the cart. Those not wishing to keep their bin will have them picked up when their cart is delivered.
That is all that we have at this time and it is subject to change.